Please keep in mind that this is only a draft schedule, and that it is subject to change (and we will probably tweak it as we move closer to May). Once the schedule is finalized (some time in mid-to-late April), we will post another update to all of our communication channels.
We plan to minimize the downtime for each service, and it is likely that most services won't be down for the entire week. As the project plan solidifies, we will be able predict this with greater accuracy.
- Friday, May 1 - 9am
- We will begin draining HPC compute nodes and disable new job submissions. This means that we will configure nodes to shut off one-by-one as all the jobs on that node complete.
- Monday, May 4 - 7am - MAINTENANCE BEGINS
- We will disable access to the following systems:
- HPC Login nodes
- Spear nodes
- Export nodes (GPFS and Archival storage) and Globus
- Lenovo consultants will begin maintenance on the storage system software (GPFS and Archival) promptly at 7am. All users that wish to retrieve data off of the system should so by this time.
- Tuesday, May 5 - 5pm
- Pending acceptance of work completed by the Lenovo consultants, we will re-enable access to the storage systems (GPFS and Archival)
- We will re-enable access to the Export Nodes and Globus
- Thursday, May 7 - 7am
- We will perform maintenance on Power Distribution Units "A" and "D", which will temporarily remove power to the colocation customers.
- Affected departments have already been notified, and we are working with individual campus units to minimize impact. Nevertheless, send us an email if you have any concerns or questions.
- Friday, May 8 - 12pm
- We will send out another update via all of our communication channels.
- Friday, May 8 - 5pm
- All systems will be back online by this time.
If we are able to provide access to any service earlier then expected, we will do so and notify you.
If you have any questions, issues, or requests, please let us know: email@example.com.