Usage and Job Queue Policy
The goals of the job Scheduler are:
- Provide predictable, responsive, and flexible means for an owner to access the computer processors that he/she purchased under the owner agreement.
- Provide fair access to the general access computer processors and the idle owner-based processors.
- Is easy to use.
Usage and Queue Policy
- Owners can divide up their processor allocation among members of their group however they want. Owners can also run in the Backfill queue and in the General Access queue with the same priorities and restrictions as general access users.
- General access users can run a maximum of 8 jobs at any one time. There is no processors limit per job. General access users can also run in the backfill queue with the same priorities and restrictions as owners (see backfill queue).
- Backfill Queue: Any number of jobs can be submitted to the backfill queue but only 100 jobs will be run and no more than 512 processor will be used by a single user at any given time. Backfill jobs will be allowed to run for a maximum of four hours.
- Classroom queue: General access users and members of an owner group can submit jobs to the classroom queue provided they are enrolled in a course that has been approved to use the HPC for educational purposes. Jobs submitted to this queue can run on any number of processors in the class allocation for a maximum of 30 minutes.